Revell Lufthansa Boeing 747-8

Mechanic

So 9. Apr 2017, 11:40

Hello betasingh,

as I can see you managed to complete your Revell 747 model in very short time. The fan rotor pieces were not easy to build so I need to rework the slots with a thin file. I as well as the whole community would be glad to see some more model building reports of you. Remember, you can mix thiese revell aqua colors very good. Later I will show my version of the revell 747-8i, take a look to the right wingtip with the green position light. It was easy mixed from blue and yellow  :P If you like weathered parts on you modell you can try these special colors or easy try to thin out the revell aqua color with water. The effect will be the same in some cases.

regards
Betasingh

So 9. Apr 2017, 20:38

Thanks for telling me that you could mix Aqua Color Paints. After watching a few videos on YouTube, they said that you couldn't blend aqua colors so now I have learnt. Can you recommend me of some good commercial aircraft kits which I can do after my Air Dolomiti Embraer? Either way thank you very much, and in m next model, I shall pay attention to the smaller details which can be improved.
BetaSingh
Mechanic

So 9. Apr 2017, 21:20

Hello betasingh,

it´s quiet easy to mix aqua color paints and you get very good results. For your next Modell take a little more time and patient for. When I started building models I used the brush as well. Many modells later I asked my self how can I improve the paint? I got an answer for that. 

To Do List:
  • cleaning ( important especially for gloss paint)
  • first layer should be a primer (especially for aqua color paint)
  • the main color should be applied about many Steps by using a water thined mixture (1 part Water/ 3-4 parts aqua color)
  • apply a minimum of 3 layers. Apply next Layer after the pre applied layer tried out.
  • carefully rework it with 1200er sandpaper
  • apply a layer of aqua color no. 01 (maybe a little thined by water too) 
For your next model, you prefer the scale 1:144?

Betasingh

Mo 10. Apr 2017, 10:01

Yes I do prefer the 1:144 scale, and thanks for the advice
Mechanic

Mo 10. Apr 2017, 12:32

I think an A320 was a good choice.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Bauberichte“