Star Wars TFA: Special Forces TIE Fighter (level 2)

Antworten
Wasili

Hello,

Thank you for offering the new ships from The Force Awakens as modelkits. I got the Shuttle, Xwing and TIE Fighter (all level 2) from The Force Awakens, today from a shop here in the Netherlands.

I have been studying the TIE Fighter a lot as i am building a larger 1/6th scale version. And i could not help but notice some small differences between the movie version and the Revell modelkit. I do understand production limitations very well, being trained as an industrial designer. But maybe these have not been brought to your attention.

Colors:
The red highlight on the cockpit ball is correct on the rear, but on the front the red area is supposed to be twice as big. Basically nearly similar to the rear.

Geometry:
The red area is only on an area of the cockpitball that is slightly offset outwards from the central ball. On the modelkit this geometry offset is correct for the rear, but incorrect for the front (no offset).
This offset is one of the more noticeable (for me) differences from the classic TIE Fighter from the original movies.

Thank you for looking.

Kind regards,

Wasili Angelopoulos
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Antworten

Zurück zu „Modellbau“