Revell 1/144 Boeing 747 SCA and Space Shuttle

Antworten
Betasingh

Dear All
As some of you may know, I am undertaking the Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 model, but I was wondering, when I finish that model, I would like to build another model, preferably the 747 SCA and Space Shuttle Model, as it would look quite nice. Do you guys think that would be a good model to do, and is it easier to just buy the two (747 SCA and Space Shuttle) separately then proceed to glue them, or should I just buy the one model set? Have any of you guys got experience in building this model, and are there any tips or tricks that you guys have for making the model? Or is there a better model that I should do. 
Kind Regards
BetaSingh
Mechanic

Hi betasingh, GREETINGS!

Please see the link below. I will start it also, if I find enough time.

http://community.revell.de/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2810
MoonLoon

Starting with one kit which is a major project and resuming to a kit with two major projects will give you a lot of experience.
After all it is a matter of detailing how deep you are going to build it and complicated it will get :shock:.

Cheers,
MoonLoon
Betasingh

I am trying to get a reasonable amount of accuracy and a reasonable amount of detail, but stuff like what paint you need to buy, the time it takes to build, the relative difficulty, these are my questions basically.
Cheers,
BetaSingh
MoonLoon

Most impotent is to have patience ;).
Always be sure, that colours and glue are completely dry. Sometimes it only takes minutes, for major assemblies allow 1 - 2 days to resume (as fuselage).
Grinding over a not complete gluing edge ruins a lot, only one day later it might be perfect.
With the paint: Check picture galeries (but remember: surrounding light has a big influence) or even better:
  try to have a look at the originals (if possible), then decide at the paint table, which colour fits best. If the tones of colour is not offered, try to mix them.
The paint table in the manual gives you only a hind.

But after all: It is your kit. If you are satisfied with the outcome, critics will simply drop off... 8-)

Cheers,
Betasingh

Thank you very much, this is the last week of term in the UK, then there is a two week holiday, which is when I'm going to build my model. Can't wait to start! :)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Allgemeines“